Thread: RPG SciFi
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2002, 06:49 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Phantasy Star Online

You can get it for the PC, The Dreamcast, The GameCube, and the X box (soon)...

Features: Online Multiplayer set in the future
3 Character classes (fighter, Ranger, Mage)
Those character classes are devided into 3 types, Human, Numan(elf?) and Android (booyah)

Androids can't do magic, Elves have the best magic and Humans have something in between.

Infact all of their stats are like that hehe

Androids have most power, elves have least, humans in between.

Androids most Accuracy, Numans least, Humans in between...

Androids also can see traps (note they do all this in return for not having magic)

There are alot of features in the game, including a hting called a Mag...

The mag is alot more than a digital pet, the better its Strenghte, Dexterity, Magic, and Defese are, then the better YOURS are [img]smile.gif[/img]

So feeding the mag is essential for getting strong fast...

You can get it for shure from Sega's Japanese site but the games will eventually port to the US, the Dreamcast versions already out and the PC version is comming soon. It has a very nice feel to it and with so many unique traits to put on the character classes every player is unique. So join the fun! Get on with PSO, set up your character (the character saves OFFLINE so you can't lose them by just not playing for a while)

There also are things called Mats that raise yoru stats and you use Mates to heal yourself. Magic uses learn a technique called RESTA that later replaces the need for such things and they can heal an entire group...

The spell system consists of ... letsee... 3 fire spells, 3 ice spells, 3 lightening spells, 1 Instant death evil spell, 1 Light spell, 1 Healing, 1 Revivng, 1 to get rrid of paralysis and stuff, and some Strengthening/weakening spells...

Each spell has 30 differint levels, each leveel the effect of the spell is totally differint [img]tongue.gif[/img] so theres alot of magic! the strongest is 30, but ONLY mages (aka Forces) can use disks past level 15... Hunters and rangers can only go up to level 15 spells...

The battle system is NOT classic Phantasy Star! Its far from it! its more like ZELDA... but with multiple people

the visual chat lobies arent complicated at all and are always filled with people eager to play, trade weapons, and do all sorts of stuff....

Weapons? well you basically start off with a Wand, A Lightsaber, or a Handgun (Force, Hunter, Ranger)

Its easiest for hunters at first but eventually rangers get the upper hand but once those 30 level spells get handed out forces are on top, though there is alot of debate, still, about who really is on top...

Anyway yeah check it out, its pretty good, its alot like diablo but it has a better system of meeting to it, including an internal E-mailing system that works wonders! all-in-all its a great game set int he future and i just recomend it to everyone! did I mention I was level 180ish??
the levels go up to 200

I also have every weapon in the game except for like... 4 things (Giant Fan, Elanor Mag, Devil's Tail Mag, and A guld milla...)

Oh so i guess its 6 things... (Double lavis cannon and Tsumiki Giant ass J-sword)

My fav weapon right now is a giant purple kantana that sucks my health quickly and makes its beholder go insaine, but it does severe damage to enemies, like a clean 4000 in the ultimate ruins (The equivalent of Hell on Very Very Hard mode)

It wasnt easy to get either...

Anyway yeah thats the best one i know of... though the Dreamcast Version is pay-to-play in america (but not in Europe!!) for 1100 Yen a month, (about 5 bucks)...

-_- its hella-better than Anarchy online... (25 bucks a month I swear)

SO TRY IT!!!