View Single Post
Old 10-31-2001, 12:27 AM   #27
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

[qoute]
Ok, the genetic difference between a human and an ape is between 1 and 2%. This is a fact. Does that mean a chimpanze is a prehistoric form of man? doesn't make much sense does it? I'm not sure why you keep mentioning this 1.5%, as it really doesn't have any significance at all. We are that close genetically to many primates.

I don't remember right now how similar we are to a cow, but we are very close genetically to mammals in general. I do know that we are 90% similar to dogs, and 88-89% similar to horses. So, 10% different from dogs, 11% different from horses, 1-2% different from the apes. Knowing this, how is 1.5% (which is the same with many apes) significant in any way? I'm interested to know.

As far as your link, it sheds no light whatsoever. It says right on that page that cladistics, which is what the page is all about, is based on assumptions. Now I may believe in creation, but I am also a scientist, and assumptions are anathema in science. One cannot assume anything, as that invalidates the whole hypothesis. You must have concrete, repeatable evidence.

I also feel I should state here that Darwin's definition of evolution is " Descent with modification." Natural selection, which is modifications to increase survival rates through the generations, is in deed a proven fact. All of the other stuff that is now being called evolution is not in any way proven, and scientists just love associating it with natural selection in order to give it credibility that it does not deserve. Sir Real, it even states this on that link you gave me, in the glossary.

[/QUOTE]

Well humans and Apes are two branches from the same tree, wew when on way they when another of course were going to be slimmer.
Evolution is " Descent with modification." so it going down with modification huh? that doesn't make even sense, I love to see that comment in some sort of context.
Evolution is the developing of a creature and so is Natural selection.
1.5% difference is the amount of gentic difference between any HUMAN from any part of the world!!! AND of course diffence is small between the mammel groups as we all are from the same gentic templete.
Oh and the link is just something I pucked out of the air.
But enougth of this, You give me some evidence of something other then Evolution.