Thread: monks
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2001, 01:31 AM   #1
Bain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Monks kick so much ass, its hard to see why anyone would hate them. When you think about their restrictions, you relize none are bad at all. 1) No armor, not bad cuz a monk with 18 dex will start at leval 0 with 5 ac, going down one ac with every 2 levals, plus things likes rings of protection and ring of gaxx ect make it even better and they can use ion stones even if they cant use a helm and most ion stones are even cooler than helms. Not to mention deflect missles lower ac vrs missles an extra 1 per 3 levals. Right now my monk has the same ar as minsc wearing at -6. 2) Only using thief one handed weapons is fine also since his best weapon is is his fist. at leval 15 it gets up to 1d20 dmg per hit, thats more than any other weapon in the game, 2 handed swords being 1d12 and its considered a plus 3 weapon and you attack insanly fast. When you get the guantlets of crushing that makes your fist a +7 weapon to hit and dmg. as for under 18/01 str you can always give them a girdle of somthing to bump that stat up. Then look at the advanteges, immune to poison hold person and disease, magic resistance at higer levals, and they walk like they alredy have boots of speed on. Quivering palm is one of the coolest things also. I killed both the early chapter dragons on the first hit using that skill, the red dragon i had to reload my quiucksave after i got spanked and it worked the next time. Magic resistance is huge with 21 levals you get up to 63% resistance plus other items you can get in game will take it even higher. They get +'s on thier saves and their thaco is still almost as good as a fighters, lowering one every leval you just cant specalize.
Lets not forget the ability to heal themselves with lay on hands also at 2 hit points per leval