Thread: Web Comics
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
The only one I've ever read was Modest Destiny. It was quite good. Do a search, I'm too lazy to find the link now...
www.squidi.net

I also love OOTS and AMD, the current storyline is pretty dark, but the first one was almost all camp (Squidi is doing it in 3 parts with a Sci-fi story in between each)

PVP Gamer/Office/Geek comic
Sluggy Freelance (first webcomic I ever got to reading)
User Friendly Not as good as it used to be, but it's been around as long as Sluggy and occasionally makes me chuckle
Something Positive When things are just ****ed up beyond all recognition
Nukees Nuklear Engineers, Giant Nuklear powered ants, Killer AI's bent on world domination (or at least the destruction of it's creator)
GPF Geek humor very good up until around Surreptitions Machinations when it fell apart
Dilbert Yes it's in print, but I read it on the web, so back off
Foxtrot Same deal as Dilbert
Calvin and Hobbes The Original
Freefall Hard Sci Fi webcomic, very funny
River City High Doesn't update often but I'm a fan of the NES game River City Ransom which this is based off of.
8 Bit Theater Final Fantasy 1 Webcomic, takes the characters you thought you knew and turns them on their ear.
Scary Go Round Like Bobbins (its less ddark predecessor) Scary Go Round is good fun with british wit and insanity all over the place.
Gaming Guardians This and the one linked at the bottom of the page are great reads, however they read like comic books and work much better as a group than a page a day.
Filibuster Political cartoons from a Canadian viewpoint.
Wapsi Square Smart and funny strip involving the Aztec god of Alcohol
Queen of Wands Similar in humor style to Something Positive, this one has ended but is in reruns with artist commentary.
Absurd Notions Gaming and college comic, pretty good, if only he'd update more.
Nodwick and Full Frontal Nerdity Two Comics by Aaron Williams, longtime cartoonist for Dragon Magazine, very funny.
Dork Tower Another gamer comic, also has been published with great frequency in Dragon Magazine.
Filthy Lies Funny and irreverent comic, even if I disagree with the guy putting politics all over his comic.
ButterNut Squash Umm... yes... moving along.
Real Life Comics A comic about real life, that has nothing to do with the stated topic.
Girl Genius An awesome comic by Phil and Kaja Foglio (author of Phil and Dixie from Dragon and artists for a crapload of Magic the Gathering cards)
Mad About You A comic about life in a college for mad scientists
HoodyHoo Flash animations of everyones favorite disfunctional gaming group the Knights of the Dinner Table
Knights of the Dinner Table
Fuzzy Knights Toy Story meets Knights of the Dinner Table

[ 04-29-2005, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]