View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

First confusion I have is with composite bow versus shortbow +1. The shortbow +1 sounds like it doesn't have the accuracy or the damage of the composite bow. The speed of the shortbow +1 may be faster, but it still seems like the composite bow is twice as good. Then I look at the super high price of the shortbow +1 compared to the super cheap composite bow! Which is better to use for my elven ranger?

Second confusion is sling +1 w/bullets +1 versus throwing knives or darts of wounding. Each hit with the sling looks to do about 50% more damage than the throwing knives or darts of wounding (unless they don't save versus death which is rare). Yet the speed factor for the knives/darts is a third of the sling meaning it fires three darts/knives in the time one bullet is fired! IF that was true then the knives/darts would be much better. To me, it doesn't seem like they are much faster at all. Which is better to use for my human mage?

Third and final confusion I have is between the flail +1 versus the morning star +1. The flail costs more but the morning star just SEEMS better (both in the statistics and on the battlefield). Which is better to use for my human cleric?
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote