Thread: Santa MOSH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 06:55 AM   #48
Melusine
Dracolisk

Variol, I named a few names in my first post, didn't I? There's no need to demand I name more, those bands are a good place to start. But if you're going to "decide" whether they are "good" bands, I have to say it would really help if you had at least a passing knowledge of music theory, or simply a good ear for music. It's hard to appreciate a particularly well-played 7/8 beat in a song if you don't know anything about rhythms, etc. Not saying that you don't, of course, I wouldn't know about that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh, BTW, the symphorock you listen to, in its own time, was considered to be "noise". It's really a very lame and petty thing to call something noise just because you don't understand it. I'll give you that there are a lot of crap bands out there, IN EVERY GENRE, but as I said before, that's not at all what you were saying before. You had an issue with metal as a whole, not with the fact that every genre, including metal, includes not so good bands.

Thanks Uncle Vasky, I know you get similar "educated" and well-argumented comments about how rap is crap. You know yours isn't my style either, but be assured I'll never be so ignorant as to call all rap crap.

Aaron, behave! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Sigmar, I think the debate of old music vs new music is not a very fruitful one. There are innovative music makers now, things are being done that weren't done in any of the previous centuries, but on the other hand, there aren't many people how can appreciate the inventivity and creativity of old music (starting in the Middle Ages). It's nonsense to say music used to be better. It's also nonsense to say modern music is better.
Oh and Beethoven better than Mozart? No bloody way!