Thread: Hi Cloudy!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2001, 05:25 PM   #1
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday morning (it kinda sucks that life keeps invading on the fun I'm having here! How am I ever gonna get me some blue stars at this rate???). I completely understand the grief your friend must be feeling. I've never had that happen to one of my cats...I can't have cats anymore, I've been too allergic to them since my twenties but I always had them before . We had a little dog who had a stroke, though. We kept her for a day after it happened because our vet assured us she could be rehabilitated, but after that we decided (rightly so) that keeping her like that was too cruel...My ex couldn't bear to take her in (he loved her even more than I did!) so I took her in to have her put to sleep...The thing is, I think she knew what was coming and, though I'm not really the 'beleive in heaven' kind of person, I'm sure to this day that she's in a better place. Also, she will always live on in my heart! I guess people who don't have pets might not understand that they are indeed family members and the grief for their loss is as real and intense as it is for the loss of any other family member. But, like other grief, it becomes more bearable and healing from it is remembering that 'person' and all they were to you and appreciating the time (short with pets) you did have them with you....Now I'm all misty-eyed too! Anyhow, I'm glad I could make you smile at such a time...I had a lot of fun writing that post too!

(For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, check here:
Man or Lady? )

------------------