View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Dude 77, you have my sympathies. I know how sad I was when my great grandmother died a few years ago. The family missed it's matriarch, but we (all 60+ grand children and 100+ great grandchildren and a few great-great) have now become more of a part of each other's lives. When Grandma Peggy was dying and after her death, our family started emailing each other, many of us not even knowing eachother all that well. We now have a family newsgroup that we post to about everything you can imagine. So, her legacy was that her passing brought her family closer together. I hope you're able to take comfort in knowing she's up there looking down on you and smiling, I'm sure. Also, take comfort in knowing that even though she's gone, her memory will live on in you and your other family members. If you're able to, a good way to help you feel better is to talk with other family memebers about all the happy things you remember about her. Sharing stories is a great way to pass on the memories of those we love.
*hug* for you in your time of loss.