View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 02:52 AM   #9
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Wow, thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

Now, an update this morning (well, in the UK anyway). Its gone a nice dark purple colour on top which I reckon indicates bruising. If nothing has changed by the end of school (which I doubt will) we will see a doctor. My thumb sometimes feels overly warm, which I guess is all the extra blood there...strange feeling...anyway, I don't think the pain has receded any, but I may be able to bend it slighty more. But that just might be an impression.

And johnny, I won't wait three weeks to check it out, no way. My friend's mum once broke her little finger and didn't actually know it until it had fully healed! It was bent a wierd shape...

EDIT: Okay, scrap the bending. If anything I can bend it less than before. Anyway, we're going to a hospital this afternoon ( in about...7 hours or so) which means a looong wait....NHS...bah... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It really is a wake up call to how much I depend on my right hand and thumb (I'm right-handed and its completely dominant). I couldn't even put my watch on this morning!

The odd thing is, right after I slipped on the stairs I couldn't move it at all. It was as if my nerves were blocked or something, I simply couldn't move it. About 5 mins afterwards I could move it fine again, but then of course the swelling started. Ah well, we hope to get it sorted soon. Thanks for your concern!! I really lifted my mood! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-12-2003, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]