View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 05:12 AM   #29
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Couple of points:

Yes, VulcanRider, i feel perfectly secure knowing that the vast majority of the popultaion do not have a gun, that the vast majority of the police force do not carry a gun. It does not in the least bit concern me. Surely the whole reason for the prevalnace of gun crime in the US is the easy availability of guns. The solution seems to be a major part of the problem.

With the constitutinal right, was this not originally put in the constitution so that militias and civil defence organisations could be easily raised should the British decide to attack. The threat of outside invaders is long passed, so is it still necessary? Is the argument about security just justification for the retaining of out-moded laws?

Thirdly, no-one can argue that the gun was niot made for the purpose of killing. It is a weapon. Ypu could no more say the longbow was not a weapon because the archers used to target practice on Sunday afternoons. THat is not to say it cannot be used for purposes other that the intened one. I may use my cricket bat to hit the aforementioned burglar over the head, but it clearly wasn't designed for that purpose.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote