Thread: char
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2001, 06:39 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

we dont know you, what you like, how you play, or in fact anything that could help us answer this question in a fashion meaningful to you.

so ill tell you what my favorite char is instead [img]smile.gif[/img]

a fighter.a plain ordinary, god-like fighter.

you have tons of hp (so newbies find it harder to spontaneously die through not paying enough attention), lethal attacks in melee (and newbies alway end up in melee - it takes skill to avoid it) can be devastating at range as well, if you spend the proficiency points on missle weapons. i dont myself, let imoen et al take care of that.

you will of course not have any spells of your own, and no ability to find/remove traps. both of these are key to finishing the game and so you should make sure to take at least imoen and jaheria when you escape. minsc is useful to. none of these NPCs are hard to obtain.

the male/female question is irrelevant - except for romances it has no effect on the game.

race is slightly more important - each race has benefits for specific classes. for a fighter human, drwarf of half-orc. humans are good at everything, dwarfs get a CON bonus which equates to more hp, half-orcs get STR and CON which adds in some extra damage.

for a fighter char the important stats are STR, CON and DEX, for damage, health and AC respectively. max these out, and then put any extra points in CHA. WIS/INT are useless for a fighter. except for one point in chapter 6. but that dosent really matter, and if it does you can always boost INT with apotion or some such.