View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #150
The.Relic
Red Dragon

This is definately a stroll down memeory lane, on sooo many levels.
The archives are there so that people can learn about the history of this forum, and no one begrudges you Bithron, or anyone who wants to know about the history of the forum they frequent, or the manner in which members post or conduct themselves. Any forum that has been around for many years is going to have a history of clashes, and sometimes downright heated disagreement. And sadly the ocasional necessity for the moderators to step in and take some kind of action.
Many people will leave a fourm, some under less than favorable circumstances. Many will come back under different names, and for various reasons. Purple/Nebs reason for a different name may have been as simple as just wanting to have a fresh start without his old name dredging up some unpleasant history everytime he and other people see it.
I myself had to come back after an absense of a couple of years under a modification of my old nic because I no longer had the same email addy as my old account. But thanks to the quick and timely thinking of our dear LadyZ, we found a way for me to regain my original name and account and I am back as The.Relic.
The history of the board and its members is a good thing to know. But I assure you that Z, Cloudy, Mem, Larry and our other mods new who Purple/Neb was, and if they decided that he showed enough maturity to allow him to come back, then he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. If not for Purple/Nebs sake in your eyes, then for the sake of Z and our Mods and our respect for their service and judgement.
Geez, will someone with some sense tell this old monk to stop sermonizing!
And where is LofA? I have sinned and require his blessings over a few casks of truly dreadful ale.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote