View Single Post
Old 07-23-2001, 05:38 PM   #7
trux

1. Which players are you talking about? If you're playing single player and you pick up NPC's, there's a possiblity they will leave you based on a number of factors:

- party reputation - a good-aligned character will leave if your party is an evil, despised party, and the same goes for an evil NPC when your party has a reputation over 18.

- Decision making - an NPC will leave your party if you make a decision they are COMPLETELY opposed to. This is not a normal occurance, though. 99% of the game you can make any decision you want and your NPCs will follow your choices, but a few NPCs have certain negative or positive reactions based on small parts of the game.

- Party formation - some NPCs don't get along with others, and there are a few extreme cases where two NPCs just can't be around each other. One may leave your party, or both may leave and fight to the death.

- Quests - some NPCs will leave because it has to do with a quest you need to take care of.

If you're playing multiplayer and you made your own characters none of them can ever leave - they don't (strictly speaking) have their own scripted personalities.

2. You won't make it to be a very high level mage if you triple class a character.

3. You find switching armor annoying because it's supposed to be annoying. A fighter/mage is powerful enough without having armor restrictions as well. Something you can look into as you progress further in the game is getting armor that does not hinder spellcasting (there are a few options - all elven made armor.)

4. Resting is never a bad thing. I try to be realistic in how often I rest, but I won't hesitate to re-rest if I've recently rested but just completed a major battle.

The time clock on the game (247 days, 10 hours <-- that thing) does not matter - it can take you ten days or 10 thousand days. The only thing you should be weary of when resting too much is if you're caught up in a quest that has a time-limit (this is only in one particular part of the game, though.)

Welcome to the Forum.

------------------
trux