View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 09:04 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Overall an excellent game. I much preferred SOA to TOB even though TOB did provide closure to the Bhaalspawn thread.

Likes: Dungeon Artwork was excellent and character art was a VAST improvement over BG1. Loved the kits as well (especially the swashbuckler, paladin kits and the specialty priests) and the new classes (especially the Monk). I thought the magic items were extremely well designed and well distributed over most of the classes, although it took the expansion to rectify some of the item inbalances.
I particularly liked some of the TOB items like the ammo belts!

Dislikes: I thought game balance was spotty. Some of the special abilities were too powerful, and not all of the Bhallspawn were well matched or potent enough. I also disliked the range of NPC choices - thought that most of the really good NPCS had evil alignments. I also would have preferred to see FEWER magic items in the game. There were encounters in the game where magic items were being dropped in such large numbers that it was ridiculous.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote