View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 08:49 AM   #2
Erydian
Manshoon

Excellent game overall, though I'm of the opinion that Planescape: Torment was slightly better.

I'm a stickler for storyline, and BG2 had plenty of it. Plus, I'm an old PNP player, so this was/is really an ideal game for me. For the most part, the game was an accurate translation, rule-wise (with a few discrepencies). The characters were visualized well, and I really enjoyed the character interaction that was so vivid in BG2.

If I had a complaint - it would have to be the romances. I don't mind the fact that there were romances (in fact, I liked the idea), but as a female player, I was extremely disappointed in my lack of choices.

EDIT: I would have also liked to see more options in the way of alignment, as well as choices/events that could change your alignment (rather than just your reputation). I find that alignment should be treated as an ongoing choice, that should be subject to a character's choices/actions, and reflect a character's scruples. Yes, there were a couple instances in BG2 where something you did permanently affected your alignment - but not nearly enough in my opinion.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]