View Single Post
Old 05-25-2001, 02:52 PM   #23
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

I see no point in editing in a weapon if your going to make it ridiculously powerful, I mean whats the point? What you need is a weapon of ability that allows the user to utilise it in such a way as to be ultra useful, without being horrendous in power e.g.

vicious sword of accuracy

longsword 1d8 +2, +2 to thaco

ability,

each time sword strikes does double the damage of previous strike

i.e. the more powerful and accurate the fighter the more damage they'll do, as they are unlikely to miss and break the sequence, returning them to a low level hit again. Yet lower level fighters would appreciate the sword since they could still do some good damage. Thing is, its not so powerful as to destroy- everything- with- one- blow mentality. Also, some high level creatures would be immune allowing a certain weakness to creep in.

On a separate note, the most annoying part of B2 is the near death enemy who still fights like a healthy person. In real life if someones toasts you and hacks off your arm, you might still be alive, but not exactly able to do a lot about it. We need fights where badly damaged enemies collapse, pass out, fight fitfully, or slowly, lose concetration and make more mistakes. I know there is an element of this in B2, but it really needs to be stressed more. The more injured they get, the less capable they should be....