View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Default Feature request: transparancy for smallpics

I just tested out the same 3 frame pic with both sprite and smallpic options, and the sprite has transparancy and the smallpic does not. So, now I we have the pros and cons of sprites versus smallpics.

On one hand, we've got this:

* sprites - artwork (with transparancy), 3 frames and multiple uses, FRUA compatable, works on overland map
* sprite animations - using "auto approach", cycling thru the 3 frames to make animation
* auto-approach - showing a creature literally running up confronting party

On the other, with DCs capabilities we have the ability to do:

* small picture animations - multi-frames with multiple uses, not directly loadable from FRUA, and can have a creature running up on the party just as easily, no transparancy, tho.
* wall replacement cycling - having a wall representing a picture of a creature that moves thru set motions
* small pics - FRUA compatable, just can't load the animation/color cycling into DC

See, While keeping the original 3 frame sprites available for FRUA crossover purposes would be necessary, I think we may be able to do more with smallpics ***IF*** you can set up a transparancy on a smallpic. The 3 frame sprites have transparancy (but 3 frames is kinda limiting) while the multiframe capable smallpics do not.

So, I put in an official feature request for putting transparancy capability into smallpics. Not sure how you would go about making this happen, but possibly one way to do this would be to make all smallpics that have a transparency have at least one extra frame tacked onto the end (or beginning) with only the transparent color in that frame.

ST
ps, hopefully it hasn't been officially requested already - I did a search that didn't find any.
Also, with the script capabilities that exist today, many of my requests (counting survivers of battle, for example) are moot cuz they can be done now