Quote:
Originally posted by Bardan the Slayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
You don't buy supercars to drive them, you buy them to collect them.
Maybe if your name is John Travolta, but if i should ever be so lucky to own a speedmonster like that, i'll damn well drive it too. Nobody buys a Testarossa to turn it into something you can watch, that's insane. [/QUOTE]Not to a collector. The minute you drive it, its worthless. [img]smile.gif[/img]

These cars aren't really designed to be driven. After a km or two, you'd be so damn uncormfortable all you'd be thinking about is where to pull over.

Don't get me wrong Ferrari does make cars that can be driven, but the supercars (Enzo, F50 et al.) are not in the category.

EDIT: I put about 500km a year on my GTO, and its not even in the same league as an Enzo.
[/QUOTE]This is exactly my point. The Bentley is a supercar that can be driven, is meant to be driven, and is a pleasure to drive.

Anyone rich enough to buy a hideously expensive car like the F50 and use it as a stationary ornament deserves to have all their cash given to some worthy cause. Like me.

Why buy a supercar if you're only going to use it as a supercar shaped vase?

The Bentley wins again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Damn, maybe I should get a consultant's fee off them, for all the advertising i'm doing for them
[/QUOTE]I suppose if your 85, the Bentley might be a good choice.

Your missing one important factor. The Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, McLaren's are a statement. It's about being able to say, "Look, I have an obscene amount of money."

Why buy a supercar if you're only going to use it as a supercar shaped vase? Just for that reason, for the collectibility. Why do people collect stamps? It's not like you can use them anymore. It's the same principle for collecting cars, just on a bigger scale.

I enjoy my cars. I own a GTO, Pantera and I just picked up a 46 Ford today. I rarely drive them, thats what my Cherokee is for.

I guess you just have to be a "car guy" to understand. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and by the way. Buying an F50 or an Enzo would do amazing things for the...ahem...shall we say proportions of the male anatomy as viewed by the females of our species.