Thread: What's going on
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 06:04 AM   #37
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I will. It's a temp forum, and will be deleted soon. It's sad that it has turned into a shouting match. I am about to make a warning post there btw.

I think it's great that you allow us to discuss these important RL issues in your place Ziroc.
I for one stay out of the area if I start getting heated up about something, then pop back in when I've calmed down. Although I wasn't in favour of a separate area initially, it has helped me to make more measured responses or not respond at all (in fact I haven't posted in there much, but I do read a lot of the threads) - simply because I back out if I feel my hackles rising.

Shame it has turned into a bunfight, I know a lot of people have been upset - on both sides of all the debates that go on in there. I think if people can learn a bit of give and take it will be better. Give some thought to what you are saying, and how others may percieve it to be hurtful or personal. Give some thought to your response and reaction if you feel hurt - perhaps you were already in 'defense' mode and read something in a way it was not meant. Both hurter and hurtee need to take a step back at that point, take a deep breath, and if necessary apologise, explain in a different way, and be non-aggressive.

After all, you wouldn't punch someone in the face if they disagreed in RL, would you?? I hope not.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."