View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 11:15 PM   #8
Mr Creosote
The Magister

I agree, Iron Skin is pretty useless. Goes up VERY slowly (I cant find a way of training it), and by the time you get it you are pretty tough anyway with good AC. Both PIE and VIT give extra Stamina which is always useful.

The more I play the more I come to realise that Resistances are more important than Hit Points.
But is a long haul as few chars start with more than 50 PIE, so that 17 or so levels to max Pie and unlock Iron Will, then it needs to be trained of course. Max 100 Iron Will gives an improvement of +25 to all Resistances I think.

But for a non-spellcaster putting half your level up points for most of the game into PIE to improve Resistances that can be improved by other means (such as Magic Shield, magic armour, weapons, rings and amulets, even shields) does seem to be quite an extravagance.

Personally I have come to the conclusion that PIE is pretty useless, and VIT usually needs to be no more than 50 - 70 or so for most chars.

Except for pure spellcasters my experience is that you dont go far wrong by maxing Dex for near all chars, and for melee chars maxing Str is sensible.

[ 03-24-2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Mr Creosote ]
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote