View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
petertmorgan
Dungeon Master

I have tried parties in which either one or all members go for iron will. The problem with only some of your parties going for iron will is that they will be more likely to have their magic resistances go over the top and go back down to very low when you use your screen and shield spells (this is a very irritating bug in the program, in case you didn't know, I think it kicks in over 255 so that 256 = 0, 257 =1, etc. for magic resistance). Having all characters going for iron will can be useful, but if you have a balanced party then I think it doesn't help too much. (It has been good for me in all magic user party - for the loads of spell points - and in solo or duo melee parties where I have few or no buffs).

However, I don't think iron skin is so useful. Fighters in particular have more than enough hitpoints even with average vitality (as you mentioned they don't get killed by monsters in melee). I would take the points you're putting into vitality and put them into str, dex, sen, or speed.
petertmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote