View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 06:24 AM   #1
Dedzy
The Magister

Hi folks,
My first post here, but I've been following you for some time. Has anyone tried using Piety as a Primary attribute instead of Vitality for Fighters and other melee types? I am curious about the results. I finished my first Wiz 8 game last week, and am thinking about my next setup. Upon reflection, I realized that maybe 70% of the deaths in my party were from:
A) My tanks turncoat and massacre my back rank, or
B) The tanks succumb to some sort of instant death spell.

The front line had such good AC that they hardly ever took any serious amounts of direct physical damage; that might have been also because they would immediately kill everything in short range. And they had reasonable spell protection on; I always had Magic Screen screen on, Soul Shield and Element shield were always up on round 1, and I had cloak of many colors on them too.

My wacky idea: pump piety instead of vitality. This would open up Iron Will instead of Iron Skin for extra spell resistance. I know there is a significant downside to this: reduced carrying capacity and only half as many hit point bonus. But it makes me think.

Thanks!
-Dedzy