View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #53
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Default Re: W&W - First time player

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!

Well, I have got a little further, thanks to memories from forgotten games, like realising that an elevator has a roof as well as a floor, so from the mummy room I pushed the button to send the elevator down and then quickly jumped off, then jumped on the roof as it went by. There were some bandit rogues blow, so I suppose they pushed the crystal to make the elevator go up. I frantically looked around, thinking I might be crushed, but found the upper corridor and the moving wall that takes you back to the lower statue room.

Purely through the luck of moving the amulet given by the mummy to a weaker wizard (learning it gave +1 AC) I noticed it was readable and read the inscription. I assumed the statue of this lady was Kareth and recited the quote on the amulet and the statue spoke back, but the gate didn't open.

So that's where I am. All the rooms in the crypt have been searched this side of that portcullis gate in front of that statue.

What I find frustrating is how little information the game gives you. Maybe I have been spoiled by other games that have books, etc to read. For example, I don't even know if this statue is Kareth, so I don't even know if I am reciting from the amulet at the right place! Would it hurt to have had a panel or something at least saying who this person is who has been made a statue of?

I am sure I have to do something with this statue to open the portcullis, but as to what, I have no idea. When I recited to the statue and it responded, I really thought I would turn around and the gate would open, but it wasn't. So now I am stuck. If this is the 'beginner dungeon, I am not sure I want to know what the hard dungeons are like!!!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote