View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 09:13 AM   #31
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
Thoran...if I may ask...what is your profession, course of study or personal experience that you would know these things so definitively?

I could easily provide ample information refuting your statements, but would like to know if this is just how you feel about things or if you actually have evidence of what you say.
Lady Sedai, I could provide you with reams of data... if you do a search on this board there was a topic a while back similar to this one where I provided research results.

I find that it's the "man bad/woman good" advocates that have a hard time providing unbiased data. They tend to structure their "research" in a manner sure to provide the desired results. Based on prior research in the subject, I can tell you that if you DO have data to refute my position, I'll find one of the following:

It was funded by an agenda based organization.
It's based on flawed methodology.
It's based on crime statistics but fails to address the inherent error in using crime statistics to justify a gender biased arrest policy.

I'd love to see ONE study by a reputable organization that refutes anything that I posted.

My background is in Science, BS/MS in Engineering. Frankly I think that makes me as capable of seeing poor research as anyone, as research and development is what I do. It doesn't take a phd to understand these issues, it just takes going out and reviewing the research yourself (which is what I did) instead of blindly accepting the common wisdom or the propeganda of entitlements based organizations.