View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I know I can't be the only one. In life one runs into all kinds of people, many bizarre and strange LOL. I could write a book (not a huge one, but pretty decent LOL) re the ones I've met, but I'll only post two to begin:

When I first began working at the patent law office I'm at, between 1989 and 1992, I had this lady who I worked with. I guess since she had been there before me she was considered above me, so I did what she told me, but also did a lot of work on my own that the attorneys brought out. She started telling me these stories as I was sitting at my desk, about her life. I have no idea if they were real or lies, although I tend to lean on the lie side, I think she was just mental. She told me her parents were satanists, but nobody knew it and her parents were very big and respected in her home town. She said she gets flashbacks from when she was a kid, one particular one she remembers stabbing a baby. "But it wasn't me, somebody put their hand over mine holding the knife and did it." [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] One morning she came out of the bathroom and told me there was blood all over the place in there. I checked, nothing there. She also said every night she got night terrors, so never got any sleep. Back then we had flexible hours, but she abused them by supposedly coming in at 6:00am and leaving at 1:00pm. Thing is, nobody's in the office until 9:00am, so what was she working on? She'd also leave even earlier some days for "singing lessons." Oh and one day she drove me to a Kinkos (which was not called Kinkos but a similar establishment) and I swear every time I talked she started to veer out of the lane. She could not concentrate on my words and drive at the same time. I tried it several times to test the theory LOL, and trust me she couldn't. She ate a lot also, mostly icecream from the Highs across the street, pretty much all day. One morning she lifted her skirt in front of me! to show me how she had her underwear hooked together with pins and part of a rubber band, because she outgrew them. She then said "Look how fat I am!" I truly did not know what to say, I mean what do you say in that situation?! I just ended up making some sound that I hoped sounded sympathetic and purposely dropped my pen on the ground so I had to turn around and pick it up. In the end, she got fired. She had been telling me I was typing too fast, and that my boss was saying I was making mistakes. My boss heard her, and the next day he called me in his office to tell me she was completely wrong and he was seeing no errors and to continue on, and a day after that she was fired and replaced. I was very glad LOL.

Next one, small story here.... 5 years ago when I lived in Fairfax, I'd always see this old man in the Safeway. Had really long grey hair, so stood out, and seemed to always be talking to somebody, very sociable. I ran into him one day in the shampoo aisle, I was looking and deciding what shampoo I wanted to get, and he looked at me and said "You know Palmolive is so much cheaper, and a great shampoo! It's all I have ever used, go get some Palmolive!" Was just kinda funny cause his long grey hair didn't really look all that great LOL.

PS - For those that aren't Americans, Palmolive is a dish washing liquid, the kind you use for handwashing dishes LOL.

[ 04-20-2005, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote