View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 05:38 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What are we going to do? New Zealand are touring Australia, and Englands tour of India may be cancelled. I guess Pakistan won't be playing anyone for a while.

Where will we find good cricket? New Zealand verses Oz? (Hmmmrph. Chortle. Snicker snidely)

I've had to start following the Yankees as they are

A. Winning

B. A team of fighters like the Aussies. Went from a 2 nil deficit to get into the World Series-that-is-really-some-matches-between-two-American-Leagues.

C. All my friends are into them, so I've been following the game and like that Soriano fellow, and Rivera and Derek Jeter.

D. My brothers name is Derek.

E. There is no cricket on at the moment.

---------------

E. seems the most important reason at the moment. I can't find any on Fox!

I ran into some Pakistanis who play in Brooklyn every sunday. Not exactly the same as heading out to see Mark Waugh bat.

A. I'm not happy with you supporting a team just because they win. The whole point of following a team in any sport is to enhance the euphoria of victory by first suffering the torment of defeat. You'll be telling me you support Mancs United next. You would be best served supporting the Devil Rays (unless they get eliminated because of their money problems).

B. Why would you support a team just because they are good farters. And what makes the Aussies so good at it? I suppose you will claim to be world champions at that now! It must be all that bush tucker that you eat in Sydney.

C. You are following the wrong blokes. Soriano is a converted short stop who is defensively questionable at second base. Two run homers are nice but how about some base hits when the chips are down.

Rivera lacks discipline at the plate, he's only walked 9 or 10 times in nearly 200 at-bats.

Derek Jeter - just three words 'Right Shoulder Weakness!'

The man you should be following is Chuckles Knoblauch who's nickname is 'Knobbie'. Need I say more?

D. Okay - this is an acceptable reason for supporting them.

E. No cricket - don't you know that Afghanistan are touring Pakistan at the moment? (I kid you not!). England's tour will go ahead with a few players bottling out.

It's football season now!!! Only one Arsenal player for the Australia v France game. Let me see, Vieira, Pires, Henry, Wiltord - I know, they can take Gilles Grimandi!

Go Diamondbacks!! Go Schilling!!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!