View Single Post
Old 02-08-2001, 05:28 PM   #46
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just letting you know how it goes (SPOILERS ABOUT trademeet and D'arnises keep).
I am still playing this group:

Elf Fighter/thief - Long sword++, Single weapon style++, Short bow++ (I should have +++++ in bow, and skipped single weapon style)
Human Ranger/Cleric - Flail++, Mace++, Sling+, War hammer+ and two weapon style+++.
Kensai/mage - Katana+++, two weapon style+++.
Berserker/mage - two handed sword+++++, long bow+

It is going very well. I have helped Nalia, and gotten the fighters stronghold. Torgal was no problem at all, but the captain upstairs was really tough. I had to reload about 10 times before I could kill this guy (think his name was Glacias, something with G anyway). He used a potion of speeds, then killed my party like Arcanis Gauth (in the thieves guild). I dropped Nalia shortly after.

After the castle, I went to trademeet and then immediately to the druid grove with Cernd. After killing some trolls, my kensai, berserker and ranger was at level 9, so I dualled them. At this time, I was very vulnerable, because 3 characters in my party was at level 1. Then it was time to see what my elven fighter/thief was going for. With a little help from Cernd and a speed potion, he killed all the druids on the way to the grove easily, and it was all because of the Tuigan bow (spell casting failure, spell casting failure etc etc). Cernd killed the evil druid, and I let him go. We are 4 again.

Now I have saved the people in trademeet from a genie. It is all going very well, and I can't wait until I get my fighting skills back.

One annoying thing about dualling classes to mages, is that you have to scribe a lot of spells. I had to spend about 40 min on scribing all the spells I wanted to my 2 characters. There was scribing failure about 50 % of the time, or maybe more (it sure felt like it). Anyway, I had to reload a lot of times to get spells like breach and fireball. If the grease spell didn't make it, then so be it.