View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #284
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The level of immaturity displayed in this thread amaze me.

Lord Shield, YOU arein the wrong here - you rubbed JR's nose in it with your flamebaiting comments about England facing Brazil and Belgium being shit - yet you're the first to take offense. Here's the sequence of events:

Quote:
the new JR Jansen said:
Aren't you people forgetting one thing. THAT BRAZIL STILL HAS TO PLAY ONE MATCH BEFORE THEY CAN FACE ENGLAND [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] . Im getting really po'ed about this. It's not like we have a big chance of winning but that doesn't mean we can. At least wait untill you're sure England is going to face Brazil before you make those statements.
Quote:
Lord Shield said:
no we won't [img]tongue.gif[/img] - what you gonna do about it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

come on BRAZIL - we're waiting for ya
Quote:
the new JR Jansen said:
Hmpf, if that's the way it's going to be, don't expect to see me around here anymore, damn racists [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Quote:
and where do you get that racists accusation crap from? it's simply a challenge request for a footy team, because we don't think the Belgians will give us enough of a challenge

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's pretty clear who started what here.

I was prepared to be a bit more lenient with the needling, playful flamebaiting and the competitive slagging off that happens when sports teams are discussed, but there is ONE cardinal rule to that: don't dish out what you can't take in return (applies to both of you). There were [img]tongue.gif[/img] smileys in Lord Shield's post, and [img]tongue.gif[/img] smileys in JR's post. Let's not create mountains out of molehills - it's only a footy game at the end of the day.

I would suggest that both of you stop acting like spoiled kids as you've created an argument about nothing. Stop baiting each other if you're going to act like sore losers - so far the sportsmanship on this thread has been good (till now).

JR, my advice to you when people are trying to provoke a reaction is to be quietly confident - this is the World Cup of upsets. Think of how much fun you'll have rubbing THEIR noses in it if they fall to Belgium in the quarters.

[ 06-15-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]