View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I was pleasantly surprised with the film, it was far better and more interesting than I expected, despite many shortcomings. I loved the visual and gloomy aesthetics, the mood in many shots (mother and daughter beneath the tree for example) and parts of the soundtrack - the intro give me the chills from my memories of playing the first game.

Despite the incongruous appearance of certain characters - the ridiculous mountain of flesh with the over-sized butcher (read ....phallus) knife for example. What game does he feature in? Can someone tell me? Found it a little odd that he just disappeared after the familiar religious fanaticism theme started to dominate the plot.

I also found it quite fascinating that for the most part the film was focused upon female characters, doubles and the nature of their relationships. Every male character that featured was proven ineffective by their actions or had failed in some way. Made for an interesting dynamic I thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote