View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 08:07 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

I am currently soloing a thief too, Lord Brass, and I've got some tips that I've found really useful, if you'd hear them. Firstly, always ensure you have lots of different potions in your inventory. Oils of speed, potions of healing, antidotes, potions of master thievery and potions of invisibility are crucial to the solo rogue. Second, whenever you can, buy magical arrows - arrows of ice, fire, and biting are best. Your encounter with Silke would have lasted all of about four seconds if you'd had a few arrows of biting in your quiver. Also, just remember to get the best possible equipment for Shady. You don't have any other party members to worry about, so buy the best there is! Shadow Armour, Short Bow +1 etc... these things will make your life a lot easier. Lastly, because you're not the best of fighters, think stealthily. Could you get past a certain (tough) monster without fighting it? Stick to the shadows a lot and use invisibility potions when the going gets tough.

These are just a few observations, you probably know most of them already though [img]smile.gif[/img]