Thread: The War Is On!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 10:31 AM   #10
Smeagol II
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Well, Nanaki, I definitely agree, but watch out, here come the others. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
... and here we are!

Well, can't say I quite agree with the US led war on terror (and remember that it isn't just the US involved in this - us Brits have just sent some more troops in). I just generally don't quite understand why you have to kill mroe people in order to solve the problem. And the irony is that it is unlikely to solve the problem anyway - do you honestly think that we will catch all the members of Al-Quaeda just by bombing innocents in Afghanistan? Remember that quite a lot of the people involved aren't Afghanis or in any way connected to Afghanistan. What are you going to do? Bomb every country that harbours terrorists? Better start by looking at home then in my view, and over here in the UK. Any chance we can start bombing Derry for the Omagh bomb? If we send in enough troops then we are bound to kill the right people eventually.

The terrorists are all over the world, and they don't think of themselves as doing wrong. These are people pushed into a corner fighting in any way they can for an ideal that they see the Western world as trying to destroy. I have the utmost sypmathy for their victims but that does not mean I want to see these people demonised and killed. It won't solve anything and will plunge the world into years of war.

Bottom line - lets all stop talking about our right to kill people, or our right to have revenge, and start talking about how we can get out of the mess we have out ourselves in.