Thread: D&D? AD&D?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
DEADMAN
Manshoon

You can try looking for a 2nd ed AD&D rules, but there getting scarcer since 3rd ed took over. But on THACO ( to hit armor class 0) this means if your character has a THACO of 7 it means your character needs to roll a 7 or higher on a d20 resulting in a 1-20 result. So your character has a 70% chance to hit ac 0. Now on a negative armor class you just add this so on a ac -7 you add this to your THACO, so you need a 14 now, so only have a 40% chance to hit.On a positive # like ac 5 you subtract so would need a 2, the lowest you can go since a 1 is a fumble.This is not as confusing as I make it, I' m just bad at explaining. To clarify on damage dice like 2d4+2 and 3d6. On 2d4+2 you do roll 2 4 sided dice resulting in 2-8 with a bonus of +2 so resulting in a range of 4-10. while 3d6 has a range of 3-18, so is better because of a better chance of higher damage with a average damage range of 9-12. This of course counts on the number generator in BG2 works like rollinig dice. With weapons its best to look at minimum damage to max damage potential if you dont want to go through the headache of figuring probabilty sich as broadsword 2d4 against longsword 1d8.On speed factor, the lower the better and best to look in the back of the manual since its there, and casting times are in the spell descriptions, but work pretty much the same. On hp there in the book again but I play where you get max hp per lvl.So a fighter class recieves 10 plus con bonus since he recieves a d10, for fighters con also gets a better bonus over 16 unlike everybody else. Barbarians are a d12, clerics/druids are a d8, thieves and bards a d6 and mages a measly d4 . After 9th lvl classes recieve a fixed amount and no con bonuses, for ex a fighter will start recieving 3hp from lvl 9 on. On spell levels best to look at the tables in the manual.This is getting quite long isnt it. Hopefully I got everything. Tell me if you need to know how hp work for multi classing.