View Single Post
Old 01-07-2001, 12:45 AM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes. Black Isle may have been the resuurector of D&D games, but still hold no right, whatsoever with the license of D&D which is with WotSC and WotSC is with Hasbro, meaning Hasbro can make all the moves. Hasbro made this agreement with Infogrames, they still hold the license, but WotSC can not make any further contracts with Interplay, the Black Isle's father company due to the fact that only Infogrames now, has the sole right to do so. And from what I see, As per the past agreement on which Black Isle is making D&D games, licensed by WotSC, and also linked with the grapchics? company, Bioware. It seems that the contract is WotSC will allow B.I. to continue making D&D games, and Bioware will carry on with the programming. BUT, it also seems that their contract, or, WotSC, Hasbro in this matter, can revoke, at any time, their approval of B.I., and thus cannot make any more D&D games. BG3 and the like are only still in perspective and planning, no solid move to be specific. And the contract links the three companies right? NWN looks like the last game that they have made upon, therefore, the contract so to speak, is in the option of not being renewed or WotSC can look for other companies. Unfortunately, Hasbro found a new friend, Infogrames.

This means that Infogrames can make all the big moves bout the future of D&D gaming, and since Infogrames may or may not choose B.I. as the gaming company to make it, Bioware can make its own moves. As said in the site, it has agreed with Lucasarts. All I can say is that the future of D&D games will never be the same again.

I think we will expect to see star wars with interface same as BG... hehe

It is still a bad day for everybody... I love the BG series, Torment, and maybe even NWN...

There is still hope for everyone though... Infogrames, can still link up with B.I., and B.I. can still link with Bioware, there is still a chance of BG3 with the same propriators, but I think it is unlikely.

As far as I can see it, Infogrames has the all-say to the matter. They hold the right to produce D&D games, and Hasbro is only there to comply...