View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 05:51 AM   #57
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
That's damn impressive Cerek! But, Ummmm, that's also more fearsome than the write ups from Deities and Demigods for most GREATER gods.
That's true, Night Stalker, but as I mentioned earlier....Gygax severely underestimated the levels that characters would reach in his game. He didn't expect any player characters to advance past about 15th level max (in the DDG, King Arthur was only a 15th level paladin).

Most of the guys in my group had been gaming for a few years before I started. They ALL had characters that were around 30-36. Even with the huge amount of experience required for the UA barbarian to advance in levels, I managed to raise Cerek to 28th level before I quit playing.

And even then, these high-level characters aren't going to take the Balrog on one at a time. IT has to be strong enough to face an entire party of that power.

AFA the stats for the GREATER gods in the DDG, we determined those were the stats for their Prime Material avatars only. If you actually faced the god himself on his home plane, those stats would be increased ten-fold.