Thread: Highest AC
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Law
Dungeon Master

Default Re: Highest AC

The Zenmaster is wearing the Kimono of the Dragon and has the Spirit Trait (whatever it is called) which gives the extra 2 AC over the Barbarian who is wearing the Plate of the Realm.

In addition to that, they both are using "Plate+2" leggings, boots, gauntlets and the ringmail coif+2 that are all blessed.

As well as the items that Radek pointed out:
- 2 rings (14 each) and bronze cuff - This is 15 so they total to AC 43
- Ardibren's Keepsake - AC 14
- Helm of the Realm
- Eye of Heaven - AC 5

In actual play I don't usually have this high of an AC - I would rather have a Bow (and fletching arrows - how else to pay for all the blessings on the armor) or Wakashashi+2 (blessed) in the second hand slot. I didn't even know that the Ardibren's Keepsake could be blessed until Radek (I think) mentioned that about a week ago which started this experiment.
I also add enough resistances to get to 100% - usually to one of the rings (Cuff works too). Adding resistances to the armor items does not give you the full amount.

Note: Bungleau is right, I blessed the Round Shield with AC and even though it added the AC+1 trait to the shield it did not effect the AC of the character.

One other thing: The ringmail coif is the only ringmail item that I have found. Has anyone found any other ringmail items?
Law is offline   Reply With Quote