View Single Post
Old 11-27-2001, 01:54 PM   #13
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's what I found to be a pretty effective party... it's the one I'm currently working with...

1 Dwarf Beserker (great saving throws, 19 CON for great HP, beserk rage for those boss characters - specialized in axes - it's D&D cannon ya know... +, there are some great axes out there (Azuredge, the FrostReaver, StoneFire, and more)
1 Fighter (lvl 11) dualled in Cleric ( I got sick of having to pay for restoration, and with the Ring of Regen and all thehealing potions, you really don't need a Cleric - all proficiencies in the two weapon slot, 1 in maces, 1 in flails, 1 in warhammers... I cant wait for Crom Fayer and the Flail of the Ages +5)
1 Fighter (LvL 7) Dualled into a thief right from the start (Proficient in the Long Bow, Short Bow, CrossBow) -> great for traps and great with a bow
1 Fighter (LvL 9) Dualled into a Mage (Grand Master with XBow - combined with the Light Crossbow of speed... ohhlalala, combined with mage spells - deadly, proficient in 2 handed swords)
A Second fighter (LVL 10) Dualled into a Mage (Grand Master of the LongBow - and mage spells.... booyah ohllaa, proficient in Long Swords and Halberds)
Main Character = Sorceror

I've found that my dualled fighter mages are great with the bow, and they are currently only 1 level behind my Sorceror. If I did it again, I'd have 3 fighters dualled into mages.

I've found you really only need 1 tank if you have three mages and a cleric - and since I have, effectively, 5 fighters, they can all take turns at the front when the beserker needs to heal/drink potions.

The Cleric, well, she's more in the party as a matter of conviencence then necessary... like I said, I got sick of paying to restore levels drained.