View Single Post
Old 08-28-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

SoA and ToB all loaded up, patched, and ready to go ... ( thanks, Memnoch )

With all the options that BG2 has, such as kits, romances, and I don't know what else ... a question or two before I start.

I originally started playing CRPG's with the D&D "Gold Box" set, and prefer playing with all the characters under my control ( Sometimes I find other people's ideas on what I will find entertaining in NPCs is an irritant instead. Space hamsters? No thanks !! )

I wound up playing BG1 with 6 of my own characters - 2 fighters, 1 ranger, 1 cleric, 1 wizard, and a multiclass fighter/thief/mage - and no dual classes.
( Yeah, boring lot, aren't they ... )

I've sorta grown fond of them, and like the idea of continuing their adventures in BG2.

Question 1. Am I going to miss out on much if I play this way in BG2? I don't mind missing out on romances, but are there any quests or anything else that you get only with a main character and 5 NPC's?

I would be very interested in hearing a reply from anyone who played the game both normally, and with 6 character solo multiplayer ...

Question 2. If I do import this party, and don't use kits, and don't dual class anyone, ( thus missing out on new skills ) will they have enough ability/skills/"grunt" to actually finish SoA and ToB?

Pangur Ban