View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Remember... you didn't talk to the person who sets the rates, only the poor schmuck who gets to explain them. That doesn't make it any better, but make sure your anger gets directed to the right person.

First thing I'd do is to contact my credit union to see what the impact would be of me doing a balance transfer. If I could, I'd transfer that whole amount to the CU card and cancel the Chase card. Send the card back with the payment, cut up into pieces, with a statement that the sole reason you're cancelling the account is because of the predatory interest rates.

If my CU card couldn't handle it, then I'd get another card from the many that come in the mail and transfer the balance to it. Then send the Chase one back.

Repeat until it's paid off.

Only other thing that comes to mind would have been to ask the person you talked to if they would put their position (that half your limit as a balance made you high-risk) in writing.... it's mighty funny to see what happens when you ask people to put things in writing [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I carry only two credit cards now, and pay them both off monthly. It took a while to get there, but that's where I'm staying. One card is for work, and one is for me. No department store cards, no gas cards, nothing. In fact, that's why I'm going to drop Costco later -- they only accept *their* credit card at the pump, and I don't want or need another one.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote