View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #32
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
*Shrugs* Who cares if she lip-synched? Is it against the law or something? Elvis lip-synched through the "Jail-House Rock" performance, video it would be called now. Who can dance and sing at the same time?
That's a completly different thing.
And for something like that I would expect it to be a proper live show, if I wanted a previously done music video I would watch the music video.

I like it when stuff like this happens to "icons" (using that word in her context makes me feel ill) of pop music like that, the over-manufactured nature of pop music, and the forced, repetitive meaningless songs, that haven't even been written by the "artist".
No that's not music, it's a collection of sounds... of chords, so it sounds like there is something there, but it lacks anything.
"Music" like that is just a sell out, a perversion of what music should be, and she is an attractive figurehead, with her voice piped and filtered through a machine, to make it sound decent, and replayed at occasions such as this.

You can't even compare this to Elvis. Elvis was a ground breaking artist, and as much as I hate to say it, he is comparable to Eminem, or possibly even Michael Jackson in his time and many others.
There is something there, not just a mindless gruel of popular slop, created purely for the purpose of making far away corporations richer, while a team of experts analyse market trends, and design a track to fit in with current tastes. A "song" designed by some bored of persons who might not even have met Jessica before.

I say to hell with soul-less pop music, it is unfair to disclude all pop, so not all but most. I just hate the fact that it is so utterly meaningless. Please don't listen to pop music to be cool, I hate that too. AND the pop music radio station is the one with all the ads.

And that is a summary of why I hate pop, why elvis simply cannot be compared to someone so utterly inferior, and why I take such pleasure in seeing this woman disgraced like this.