View Single Post
Old 06-07-2001, 10:58 PM   #9
Jimbo
The Magister

Gonna clear it up, I'm talking about enchantments, not the + to hit or the + to damage. Enchantments tell whether or not a weapon can hit a magic to hit creature. One example is a mace that is only +2 enchanted but +5/+5(thaco/damage bonus) on deamons, and is kinda an oxymoron, as most deamons latter on will need +3 enchantments of weapons to hit them, and latter on even higher.

Arrows of Piercing are not +5 enchanted, as I tried them on Krannax, and got the same ol' weapon ineffective deal. From the write up on it:
"The Arrow of Piercing is long and thin, imbued with magical properties that allow it to 'push' itself through armor, striking out towards the heart of the victim.

STATISTICS:

Always considered to be of +1 enchantment when determining what it can hit.
Damage: 1D6
THACO: +4
Damage type: missile (piercing)
Special: +6 physical (piercing) damage (Save vs. Death for none)
Weight: 0
Launcher: Bow

Now, you can get the short bow or sling and use these:
Short Bow of Gesen (it's arrows are treated as +4 enchanted)
Sling of Everard (which are +5 enchanted)

We could go threw the list of available weapons, and figure out which one's will work on him, and which won't. I did alot of them screwing around one day, but didn't do them all.

As a fighter (or any type of class that can't cast Melf's Miny Metors of buttwhooping), I can't cast that. I could use the cloak though.

I want more along the lines that there is a +5 enchanted weapon for evey class and alignment and type. Example-- Fighter, specs duel weld, and takes up bastard swords. He developes his character and gets till he has invested time, and when it is time to go fight the big fight, the best weapon in the game for him is a +3 enchanted weapon... Same with an archer with long bow... Same with a bezerker with flails...

I don't want it to be uber, just make it so it is enchanted +5 and does some decent damage. And make sure you can get +5 enchanted bolts and arrows...