View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 08:49 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Sad

Well, there are a lot of servers I used to go on that I believe used CEP version 1.52 in order to maximize their creative content. If I am not mistaken, the latest CEP version and your personal *.hak files would have completely different names, yes? If so, then it should not be a problem for us to simply drop the new (and more efficient) files into the folders required and run it. I should have the room for it, and I'll be double checking this evening to see what *.hak files I no longer require in my directory. (If that doesn't work, I'll just remove a DVD's worth of music I am not currently listening to on a regular basis I figure.)

My question now is with the new files going in place, if I have a lot of *.Hak files in my expansion directory, will that slow down your module's access times? If it doesn't, then really I (and most people who have room to spare on the hard drive) should not have much to worry about. If a lot of the whittling down is to remove multiple occasions of the same file, then I am all for it. A gesture such as having the *.hak files in Big Gulp and Little Sipper versions would also be appreciated.

Another question is where would one even GET the old Arnaden.hak file any longer? Do you still have it up on the download section here? And out of the original *.Hak file, what have you dropped from it in favour of the newer models and items which have made themselves available since the inception of CEP 1.52?

[ 05-01-2006, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote