View Single Post
Old 04-08-2001, 07:54 PM   #11
Moni

Friendly vines, thank goodness! Queens' Crown, I think they are called...lovely little pink flowers and they are all over the place around here! Some go up into the trees...twenty feet high at least for some...the ones I have to remove are mixed live and dead and are wound up in an 8 ft tall tree from their roots a good six feet away from the tree itself...major project to keep from breaking the live stuff and avoiding branches they killed from being neglected for so long from coming down on my head!

I discovered that the ferns we have here are Asian ferns...just beautiful but I was unaware that they grow pretty strong thorns and they are large at the base of the plant...came out of cleaning the rubbish out from underneath them with three really "nice" scratches down my forearm! Was more careful from that point on and finished the rest of the task safely.

Hoping tomorrow is just as nice...weather is unpredictable around here until the summer when you can be sure it will be hot and humid!

Humidity was way low today...just beautiful!

Moni