View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
MichiK
Welcomed New User

Default Windows XP Challanges

Hi,

Maybe someone has heard of a solution to my problem....

Trying to run on XP.

I had the problem with the game not starting at all due to the default of software resolution. Got past that by downloading the game options file on the forums.

Then I had the problem in town of not being able to click on buildings. Did the Virtual Dub thing and got past that.

Now, my problem is that once I leave town I can't actually click on anything - not the monsters and not even the gates to get back into the city. I can walk around using the mouse or keyboard, look around, interact with my characters - everything, except the 3D world itself.

What is really odd is that I have installed this on three seperate computers, two with XP SP2 and one with Vista. I have the exact same problem on the Vista box and one of the XP boxes and on the third XP box it works great.

The only thing I can think of is that on the XP box that works, I have a really old graphics card - Radeon 9800, the other two both have very new nVidia cards. Maybe its an nVidia thing.

I have seen a post or two on the boards reporting similar problems, but no one has posted a solution.

By the way, I have tried with and without the patch. doesn't help. I have tried all the various compatibility settings to 95/98 - doesn't help.

Anyone?

I plated around with QEMU and Virtual PC. QEMU is ok, but it only allows for the software video setting, and the resolution is so low it looks awful, so I am really hoping to get this working natively.

Thanks!
MichiK is offline   Reply With Quote