View Single Post
Old 11-16-2001, 03:55 PM   #8
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm still in my first run-through with the game (finished SoA and currently in ToB with a 24th lvl sorcerer, Keldorn, Minsc, Imoen, Jaheira and Anomen). My next run-through or two will be to try out other NPCs like Mazzy, Valygar, etc. So I can't try out the Archer class yet.. but I am dying to.

I also found a ton of magical arrows throughout the game, but I guess if you can't hit them yourselves, you always have NPC melee characters to do that.

I've enjoyed having the ammo case in ToB. I had so many arrows and bolts that I was just dropping any +1 versions due to space limitations (would have preferred to sell them later). Sure, with Shadowkeeper you could always recreate them later, but I'm trying to play the game as is.

Question for those who have used the Archer and also used Mazzy (slight spoiler)
Is the Archer that much more effective than Mazzy? I mean, she has grandmastery in short bow. What else, besides Called Shot, does the Archer have?

Finally... what about an Archer/Cleric combo, going for grandmastery in Slings? I think you'd have to use Shadowkeeper but that combo just popped into my mind...