View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 09:20 PM   #20
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
LOL I think I'll wait until "Soul Train" has it's anniversary celebration. Dick Clark can't hold a candle to Don Cornelius and the Soul Train dancers. I watched Soul Train every Saturday Morning (it was on opposite AB) much to my mother's chagrin...I guess she thought I was going to turn into a funkmeister or something, LOL!!

-Saz
LOL Saz! I watched those Soul Train shows ages ago, of course I had no choice, I lived in the country away from all civilization and only got five TV stations, so it was Soul Train or Tarzan mostly in black and white every Saturday at noon! This American Bandstand Anniversary show though isn't really showing dancing, mainly showing singers and bands who "debuted" there. Got "Great balls of fire" going now, yee haww! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]It probably would be fun to watch; unfortunately, I'm upstairs and the TV's downstairs. BUt that's ok...I'd rather be here anyway. Sounds like everyone's enjoying it, at least!

It was the dancers on Soul Train that I loved the most. That's what shocked my mom so...nice little *cough*white*cough* deep south boys didn't make moves like that in the late 1960's and early 1970's. Glad that's changed now! (and yes, I still love funk!!!)

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."