View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 07:56 AM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

You must also realize that terrorism can also be considered the reporting of a possible threat by terrorist groups. It is also the rumors that are flying, about the next possible targets.

The attacks made on September 11 were violent, destructive, premeditated acts. The terror is what has happened afterwards. The terror continues in the hearts and minds of all who are victims. Terrorists do not necessarily want to physically destroy all of America, they wish to break our spirit. Raining death and destruction on these enemies is not the only way to stop it (and I doubt it can). We need to break out of this cycle of fear and anger to combat this. The best way is to show we are strong by not fearing. To beef up security, but not give up our freedoms. To not attack innocent Americans who have Ibn in there names, people who love Islam.

If we give up "any" freedom, if we prosecute innocent individuals, if we kill countless innocent people oversees, they will continue to win and grow make no mistake.

The best we can to is be ready ,awareand stop the next attacks, stay strong and proud, and stop making up patriotic names for the next attacks we make on foriegn soil.

This what I think, right or wrong. Thank you G'kar, for this thread and your excellent first post. You have my utmost respect!

Mark