View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A lot depends on your supporting points, but here are a couple of thoughts...

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Hey guys, whats up? I am having a block. I need to come up with four small introduction paragraphs and conclusion paragraphs, for four "thesis statements" I already did last week. If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. It is due tomarrow. I waited as long as I could before asking for help...

These are them:

1. Book censorship needs to be abolished due to infringement of freedom of speech rights, the limits on artistic expression and education.

Nathan Hale said it best when he said "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it". That belief that noone could put down the voice of dissent led to the rise of our great country. Sadly, today there are those who would censor books, removing people's ability to be heard, and preventing the next generation of statesmen, artists, teachers, and scientists from expanding upon the great things our nation has brought forth.

As we've discussed, censoring books leads to the censoring of thoughts and ideas, preventing us from identifying and weeding out those things which are detrimental to our people as a whole. It ensures that our country will stagnate for the foreseeable future. Only by allowing those who disagree to be heard can we ensure that our country continues to grow and expand.

2. A two year community college is beneficial to the "blue collar" worker who wants to get a higher education, because of the course and program selection offered.

In today's global economy, everyone is one step away from being replaced by a cheaper alternative someplace else. Only by expanding your value, the knowledge you offer, can you hope to remain competitive in tomorrow's job market. For those who work in traditional blue-collar jobs, expanding their knowledge to remain competitive is increasingly difficult, and programs such as today's two-year community colleges assist them in increasing their skills and value.

AS we've discussed, the world is moving other places. The only way for today's workers to remain employed in high-paying positions is for them to increase their skills and knowledge, and a tool as simple and powerful as a two year community college can help them get there.

3. Group thereapy is an outstanding approach to helping people with various issues, due to the microcosm affect of the group, and the interventions that may occur.

4. A military draft should not be utilized because we need to stay a free country with the right to not join the military, and an armed force in war that is all voluntery will have a higher moral, and fight better as a unit.

PLEASE NOTE: These were assigned topics I wrote the thesis statements on, and not nessecarily my opinion.

Sorry... it's late and I've just finished a quote for a customer. Hopefully these two help a bit.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.