View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Re: Your Next RPG should be The Witcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrKASperov View Post
So... this kind of discredits the whole best RPG since Fallout1 thing... IGN and Gamespot haven't been exactly fair about most games for the past years. Bioshock 9 or 10/10? Oblivion 9/10? I don't think so...

On the other hand, the developers have been stressing the choice&consequence thing, which is kind of a rarity. I wouldn't be surprised it was wasn't very deep and disappointing though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Gamespot and IGN are up in the publishers asses, and give reviews for $$ pretty much (Ad sales).. Remember when Computer Gaming World was young, and Scorpia was dead honest about games? I miss those days.

The current trend in the USA is 'release the game' then find bugs. I've noticed Eurogaming companies have been polishing their games up more lately. This game HAS been in the works for 5 years, so you know they poured their hearts into it, to make it right. (We hope)

Seeing 'Atari' as the publisher is a bit of a downer though. They are known for pushing out KNOWN bugged games and not giving to craps about it. I believe the witcher will be an exception though. CD Projekt is a VERY good game studio.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote