View Single Post
Old 09-30-2001, 01:57 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

ok, just a little poll to see who and why people think this may or may not be cheating:

i had several "final saves" of bg1 before i even knew bg2 existed (just happened to see it in the stores this spring).

of course i imported my favorite character complete with his tomed-up stats and hard earned equipment. i am only a little disappointed that every single one of my items has now been redistributed amongst the populace. but what really disappointed me was that the other npc's, specifically viconia and minsc, were way different in bg2. my second game of bg1 i made a point of grabbing minsc early so i could affect his 5th proficiency slot (which i made axes). now in bg2, despite the bonus slots for a ranger, he has 2 slots in mace .

so, the question is, considering i'm trying to accurately continue bg1 to bg2, is it cheating if i change an npc's stats/profs/etc to match what they were at the end of bg1? yes, i know vic's stats were already changed greatly, so this mostly applies to minsc. thoughts?