View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I was disappointed that Snape turned out to be bad after all. It was kind of a let down because I think his character was more interesting when he was filled with hatred for Harry but ultimately on his side. Weak and evil is a bit too one-dimensional compared to weak, spite-filled, petty, but tortured with a grudging heart of gold.
Snape isn't bad, far from it. I think there's more to the injuries Dumbledore suffered than meets the eye. Who are we to say that the burned hand and the potion were fatal injuries? Dumbledore mentioned multiple times that he visited Snape instead of Madam Pomfrey, obviously for a good reason. No doubt Dumbledore knew he was going to die, and I think it's all part of the plot that Snape killed him off. In that way he held his Unbreakable Vow and relieved Dumbledore from his agony.
This feeling is only strengthened by the fact that Snape never tried to stun Harry, but merely deflected his attacks. I got the feeling that he was trying to explain his behaviour to Harry, but I may be wrong. The whole battle between Snape and Harry did have something fishy about it all, though.
My theory, however. I don't know if it's true!
</font>[/QUOTE]Interesting theory! Although didn't Snape say that no one could attack Harry because he was to be left for Voldemort? But I guess Snape still could have harmed him but not killed him. I'm vague on the details - Dumbledore froze Harry so he couldn't join the fight with Draco and Greyback et al as well - possibly didn't want Harry accidently killed because Dumbledore knew he had to die?

I'm positive Harry won't be going it alone, Larry. JK wouldn't have set up this friendship, with Harry never being able to do any of the things he has done in the previous books without their help, if book seven was just going to be Harry the whole time. I'm sure she'd know that would be really boring, especially because her writing style is such that you rarely (usually only a couple of initial introductory sections) have any scenes that aren't with Harry, from Harry's point of view.